Monday, May 29, 2023

Books I Took Pictures of but Didn't Buy

 


We went to a good amount of bookstores on this trip during our free time and I miraculously only ended up buying 3 new books. Here are the books that I pondered, but ultimately left behind to purchase at a later date for the sake of my wallet and suitcase.

A translated Japanese novel that covers the question "What can one afford to live without?"

A translated Korean novel that covers the delicate relationship between a traditional mother and her progressive daughter. 

A Korean language novel called "I will become your sea" 
Cannot find this one anywhere so maybe I should've forked over the 25 pounds.

A novel covering the personal relations between a young korean refugee in Tokyo and the Japanese girl she tutors.

Covering the time after the Balkan Wars, filled with uncertainty and ghosts from the past.

A translated Japanese novel that follows seven children as they discover a portal to another world that allows them to escape school and search for the key which will grant them any wish they desire.

Chinese college students of different faiths interact within the walls of their institution.
Not sure if I will ever get this one, it has more bad reviews than good so I should save my money.

Just as the cover says, One murder. Fifteen Suspects.
The layout seems interesting from what I skimmed and you can never go wrong with a good murder mystery. 

Chinese language stories for Chinese language learners.

The story of alice in wonderland in the Korean language. 

Two boys developing their friendship in 1930s Germany.

A sequel to the Boy in the Striped Pajamas, which I didn't even know had a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I Took Pictures of but Didn't Buy

  We went to a good amount of bookstores on this trip during our free time and I miraculously only ended up buying 3 new books. Here are the...