Monday, May 29, 2023

Edinburgh, But It's Actually Falkirk

 


Something that really stood out to me in Edinburgh happened on our free day, and wasn't even in Edinburgh. Our awesome bus driver Arthur had the brilliant idea of taking those of us who were willing to see the Kelpies out in Falkirk. The bus drive there was great, with the whole bus being treated to views of bright yellow rapeseed fields and herds of fluffy sheep. 

Seeing those big ol horsies when we pulled up was magical. There's just something about seeing absolutely humungous 100 foot horses that really makes you feel tiny. Here's a picture of a pigeon on one of the kelpies for scale. (The pigeon is on the mane)


The Kelpies was a nice little breather from the bustle of the Old Mile and the other touristy spots of Edinburgh. It was nice to take in the fresh air, look at all the cute dogs, listen to birdsong, and grab a little snack. The gift shop was also such a nice little surprise. They offered such a nice assortment of cute Kelpies merchandise and had the cutest little wildlife pins available at the register for a small donation.

I don't think I'll ever be able to forget my experience at the Kelpies, especially since I almost got sick on the bus ride back, but it holds a special place in my heart as one of the most refreshing experiences on the trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I Took Pictures of but Didn't Buy

  We went to a good amount of bookstores on this trip during our free time and I miraculously only ended up buying 3 new books. Here are the...