Monday, May 29, 2023

Dubliners: An Interesting people

 


Out of the three cities I have to say, The worst of the inhabitants had to have been in Dublin. Joyce was right to have a love-hate relationship with this city, because I hold similar sentiments. 


I think the men of Ireland to be similar to this can of guinness I saw on the street, Trash. 
First, we had the man sitting on the James Joyce statue shouting obscenities and threats into his phone. 
Then, there were the two chaps who inviting themselves to our group dinner table and proceeded to ask way too many questions for comfort.
Let's not forget the two grown lads in the park who thought it appropriate to laugh and make jokes at a couple of girls enjoying the flora of the park. 
Top it all off with a failure of a comedian who checked all the boxes of joking about things that should not be joked about.


I completely understand how this guinness slogan came to be, because an Irish women should never sacrifice her own well being for an Irish man. 


I have no qualms in regards to the women of Ireland, they were all lovely. The female comedian saved the show with her lovable and hilarious remarks on Americans, and the cashier that checked me out at the guinness storehouse was absolutely the sweetest. I feel so remorseful that they have to deal with Irish men in their daily lives. 



I've also never smelt as much weed out in the streets as I did in Dublin. Seems like they're developing their reputation with other illicit substances as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I Took Pictures of but Didn't Buy

  We went to a good amount of bookstores on this trip during our free time and I miraculously only ended up buying 3 new books. Here are the...